J-Link Support for AT91SAM9G45

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link Support for AT91SAM9G45

New

My company has an older product that uses an Atmel (now Microchip) AT91SAM9G45 micro that we will be required to support through 2030. Our current production programming fixture uses SAM-BA v2.11 with an Atmel SAM-ICE JTAG pod (manufactured by Segger but will only work with Atmel chips) to program the boards before a unit is assembled. Unfortunately, the programming fixture in production is having issues and will be replaced soon with a Windows 10 / 11 machine. The current toolchain is not supported under Win 10 / 11 so I am considering just using J-Link Commander to program the unit.

Using my J-Link Pro and v7.96 (latest) of the drivers and tools, I am able to connect to the processor and query it. However, I am not able to program it because the processor uses external NAND flash chips (connected via SPI) to house the Windows CE 6.0 OS and the application that runs. I poked through a bunch of the example projects that came with the tool set and found a similar Atmel chip that included sample code that also use external flash so I have an idea of what I need to do to setup the processor so the J-Link tools can write / read to that NAND flash. Is there anything beyond getting the interface setup for the NAND flash that I will have to do, like creating an external flash map, before I can get this whole process to work?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!