J-Link EDU not working on Win11 - ARM64 CPU

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link EDU not working on Win11 - ARM64 CPU

New

Dear Segger Community
      I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface 11 Pro, which comes with an ARM64 CPU and Windows 11. Now i am stuck on installing the USB Driver for my J-Link EDU Probe (Version 10.1 & 11). No matter what i try windows will not install the driver for the probe. I tried multiple Versions of the Software & Documentations package, ARM64 and normal version.
      And yes, i checked the box with "install legacy usb drivers"
      I tried to install the driver manually (choosing the segger install path in device manager), but Windows always says, "Windows was unable to install your J-Link".
      I know the probe is working, as it still works on my old computer.
      Is this Probe too old to work on ARM64 and windows 11 or am i doing something wrong?
      If it is indeed to old, what is a good budget option to replace my Probe (preferably with the same Header, as i have all my cables already.)
      Thank you in advance.
    • New

Hi,

The legacy USB driver is indeed to compatible to Windows ARM64.
      See here: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_on_Windows_ARM#Requirements

As you can see here: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_EDU_V10
      the EDU V10 does not list the WinUSB option and therefore does not support support it.
      The unit is too old.

BR
      Alex
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.