Jlink RTT log multiple channels simultaneously

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jlink RTT log multiple channels simultaneously

New

I can run RTT with one channel (in addition to the default one) for data streaming out. Now I want to configure multiple channels, and from PC side log data from them simultaneously.

So I first try to start multiple J-Link RTT Logger. The first one runs well with channel 1. But if I start the second RTT Logger, and configure it to log channel 2, it will fail. It either says "cannot connect to JLink", or says "expects data but received -2 bytes"

Is there anyone here ever tried this setup before? The most relevant documentation I can find is from Wiki page of RTT:

Segger wrote:

Make sure that there is only one application on host-side that fetches RTT data. When running multiple applications (e.g. J-Link RTT Viewer and J-Link RTT Client) in parallel, one can "steal" data from the other, leading to fragmented RTT logs

I think this is saying that users cannot use multiple applications to log one channel. But since I configure multiple channels, they should not affect each other. So I wonder if logging multiple RTT channels simultaneously can be done in practice.