[SOLVED] suggestion about save snapshort

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] suggestion about save snapshort

Hi,

there are some issues about saving snapshot:

assuming I add variable 'x' to timeline window and capture some data and save snapshot,then I delete 'x' in my codes(x is deleted from elf file),
    after reload the saved snapshot, 'x' is deleted from timeline window too, 'x' data is lost.
    or I do not delete 'x', I just add more variables to my codes(the RAM location of 'x' is changed to another address),
    after reload the saved snapshot, curve of 'x' is different from when it is been saved('x' is mixed with other observed variables I think).

so my suggestion is, after reload snapshot, 'x' should be kept as when it is been saved, no matter how the elf file has been changed.
    or add a menu 'save/load data graph', only data in timeline window are saved/loaded, the memory/registers/debug state are ignored, the names/curves of variables are kept.

thanks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kejian2000 ().

• Hi kejian2000,
    Thanks for your suggestion. Please refer to the user's manual, section 3.11.11.1 Load Snapshot:
    "In particular, the program file must binary-match the program file at the time the snapshot was saved."
    The scenario you describe is intentionally not supported.
    Everything Ozone does is heavily linked to the information in the ELF file. Changing the ELF file w/o letting Ozone know may lead to unpredictable behavior.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi, AlexD

Thanks for your reply.
    The saved data graph is valuable in our pruduct development, sometimes we need to review this data after weeks/months,
    but when we reload the saved snapshot, the graph could be changed because of elf file change.
    In most scenarios, we don't need to restore the memory/registers/debug state, but we need to restore the graph, it's very important to us.
    I hope your team can add menu like 'save/load data graph', which restore the data when it is been saved, this could be very convenient for everyone.

Ozone is a great tool. Thanks for your team's work !
  • Hi keijan2000,

as stated before, due to the strong interlinking of Ozone and the ELF file, a snapshot cannot operate properly without the original ELF file. So I kindly suggest to archive the respective ELF file together with the snapshot, allowing you to restore a snapshot also later.

An alternative might be you to export the data sampling window contents into a file and use external tooling for the graphing. The resulting text file can easily be used in other tools which can do the graphics display. Of course you may also develop your own application operating on such text files, e.g. in Python.

Exporting and importing data graphs beyond the snapshot feature is not a feature Ozone is going to provide.

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.