Ozone on Mac OS X (Apple Silicon) rather slow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ozone on Mac OS X (Apple Silicon) rather slow

Hi,

I recently upgraded my work environment and purchased a Mac Studio M2. It is an extremely fast computer.
      I upgraded my Ozone to the Apple Silicon version (V3.34) but have not had a good experience with it. Debugging is much slower than on my old Intel Mac. At first I thought my target device was slow due to some HW issues, but doing the debugging on the old Intel Mac it became clear that nothing was wrong with the target device.
      Symptoms on the Mac Studio are:
      - loading a .elf file in Ozone is slower by 2x.
      - stepping through C/C++ lines is slower by a factor 4.
      - displaying memory contents is slower

As the computer itself is 5x faster than the old Intel mac, the problem must lie with the M1 version of Ozone.
      Have you got any inclination of what is causing this issue?

With best regards,

Ewout Boks
    • Hi Ewout,
      performance issues on Mac architecture machines are not known to us. On our test machines Ozone executes smoothly.
      Since you state that loading an ELF file is slow, can you provide an ELF file where that issue is seen and the respective Ozone project file? So I can measure the time consumed for loading the ELF file locally and perform a comparison across our test machines?
      Best regards
      -- AlexD
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.