Unable to run emWin sample projects in Visual Studio 2022

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unable to run emWin sample projects in Visual Studio 2022

Hi,

I have just started working with the emWinsimulator. I am trying to run the example projects, but I am unable to followthe steps in the emwin documentation. I am running Visual Studio 2022. Here aremy issues:

1. Unable to find "Settings" menu byright-clicking Application folder as per Step 1. There is a"Properties" menu
      2. On clicking Properties menu, it says "Thereare no property pages for the selection"
      3. Step 2 requires opening the Sample folder of theworkspace by double-clicking on it. As per the directory structure in thedocumentation itself, there is no sample folder available (although it is thereis file explorer).
      I have attached all the screenshots below foryour reference. Please let me know how to run the examples with MicrosoftVisual Studio 2022.
      Thank you so much and hope you have a great day!
      Images
      • no-properties-application-folder.png

5.97 kB, 386×268, viewed 22 times
      • no-samples-folder.png

13.25 kB, 374×265, viewed 19 times
      • no-settings-only-properties.png

24.6 kB, 377×499, viewed 26 times
      • step-2.png

44.28 kB, 1,294×281, viewed 20 times
      • Visual-C++-directory-structure.png

27.57 kB, 1,216×354, viewed 21 times
    • Hi,

I have to agree the description in the manual is not correct.

To run the examples try the following:

1. Exclude any files found in the "Application" folder of the VS Solution Explorer.
      - Expand the "Application" folder, mark all files in it and right click on them
      - Select "Properties"
      - Under "General" set "Exclude From Build" to "yes"
      - Of course, you can also delete all files found in the "Application" folder

2. Add the example you want to run
      - Navigate to "SeggerEval_WIN32_MSVC_GUI_V<VersionNumber>\Sample\Application\"
      - Drag'n'drop the example into the VS Solution Explorer to add the example to the project
      - If the example is in a sub directory (e.g."GUI_NormalMapping_480x272") you also have to replace the file LCDConf.c. Simply exclude the original one as described under "1." and add the one from the example.
      - You can also add examples via the "VS Solution Explorer" by right clicking on a folder (e.g. "Application" ), select "Add -> Existing Item..." and adding the desired example files.

You will find further examples under the following two links:

wiki.segger.com/emWin_Examples
      segger.com/products/user-interface/emwin/technology/samples/

I hope my explanation helped.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.