[SOLVED] Differences in Flasher/J-Link performance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Differences in Flasher/J-Link performance

I have an older ARM Flasher debugger. Using it, I have reliable RTT/JScope plotting over a 4MHz SWD connection.

I also have a new J-link PLUS Compact. It seems to be capable of much more throughput with an identical setup. However, I seem to get a lot of what look like bit errors.

Timestamp goes all over the place creating unreadable charts (I had a screenshot but lost it to a BSOD)

Without a timestamp, my floats jump to NaN and unsigned ints get giant on occasion.

Has anyone else experienced differences like this?
    wat
  • Hi,

Does not sound familiar.
    In general, Flashers do neither support RTT nor HSS (both J-Scope modes) so it is simulated on the PC side.
    As you observed: With much less throughput

I do not see why timestamps and values should get corrupted if the TIF speed is the same and things are just more efficient because they are executed from within the firmware.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.