[SOLVED] RTT restart with bootloader and app

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RTT restart with bootloader and app

I have an application with a separate bootloader and app partitions.

If I enable RTT in the bootloader, I will not see the RTT Logs on the RTT Viewer once I jump to the app.

If I disable the RTT on the boot, then I see it in the app, but now I have no logs for the bootloader.

Is there are way to restart the RTT to allow logs to be seen on both applications? I have tried running the RTT Init at the start of each applications.

Perhaps I need to specify a fixed RAM location for the RTT ram buffer so there is continuity between the Boot and App RTT logs?
  • Hi,

You might link the RTT control block & buffers to a fixed location, which is identicial in the BTL and APP.
    Furthermore, the RTT control block & buffers should be marked as “do not initialize” in the APP part (e.g. by placing them in zhe .no_init section).
    This way, the startup code of the APP will leave the RTT part alone, so no pending output from the BTL is lost/overwritten and the J-Link RTT logic is not confused by the control block & buffer locations to change at runtime.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.