OTP Program for Ti Hercules RM57L843 Processor

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OTP Program for Ti Hercules RM57L843 Processor

I have a Ti LaunchpadXL2 RM57L843 and have set up AJSM to protect the firmware.
    I can program the OTP memory with the key with Uniflash but our customer uses j-link pro's in their manufacturing process.

How can I program the OTP locations and associated ECC location with J-Link pro/J-Trace JTag devices?

I have tried jlink commander loadfile with a suitable intel hex file but that does not work.
    Direct memory writes also do not work, but I didn't expect that to work anyway.
    J-Flash lite and J-Flash also do not work.

AJSM unlock works with dbgauth (ti) and a jlinkscript that writes to SDTAP2 register 11 (0xb) with the 128 bit/16 byte key generated by halcogen, except that the key sequence is not reversed.

A jlink script that writes OTP would be suitable if there is no built in command to do so in.

Am I missing something obvious?

Hopefully someone can help before I write a script to do that too.
  • Hello,

Programming the OTP of this chip is not supported by J-Link, and we do not have any plans to do so in the near future because our schedule is quite booked at this time.

You may want to add support yourself with the JLink DSK using the high-performance SEGGER Flashloader.

More information can be found here:
    segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/tools/j-link-dsk/
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Device_Support_Kit

Best regards,

Simon
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • As you have also contacted us in parallel via another channel, we will continue communication on that 2nd channel and close this thread here.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.