Ozone terminal unable to send CRLF

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ozone terminal unable to send CRLF

New

I have a project that does PRINTF and getchar using semihosting. The system works well with MCUXpresso tools from NXP. When i try do load and debug the executable in Ozone, I run into a weird issue.
      When i hit enter key, the MCU get 0 as input (not 0x0D) as expected. I tired different options in terminal window (like newline input termination format etc etc). Am I missing something ?
    • New

Hi SyamK,

Which Semihosting service do you use? I assume, this is ReadC(). Is that correct?

ReadC() returns a character. If you configure Ozone such that a dialog opens to enter a character, you need to enter a character and then click on the "OK" button. As a result, the character will be sent to the target. If you do not enter a character but click onto the "OK" button directly, an error is raised. I assume that this error results in a NULL character arriving on the target.

Hitting the enter key in the dialog will have the very same effect as clicking onto the OK button.

So hitting the enter key just tells when you finished editing, but it is not part of the information to be transferred to the target.

Does that answer your question?

Best regards
      -- AlexD
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.