[SOLVED] GUI issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] GUI issues

Hi,
    some issues with the GUI:

1. copying data from memory window may not work correctly:
    reproduce:
    a. right click on a variable => show data (Ctrl + T), memory in memory window is selected in gray
    b. right click into gray area in memory window, gray selection turns blue (i.e. selected), context menu opens
    • x Copy (Ctrl + C) does not copy the selected data, but the first line of memory (i.e. 16B from 0x00000000)
    • x Copy Special => Copy Hex does the same
    • x Copy Special => Copy Text does the same, but with text
    • o Copy Special => Copy Hex as C initializer works
    • x Copy Special => Copy Binary does copy nothing (at least nothing I can see / paste into a text editor)

2. Scroll bar of memory window is flawed:
    • The thumb size does not visually represent the length of the list it is scrolling, i.e. it is too big.
    • Dragging the thumb moves the content only every 4 pixel, leading to a very big step of about 2.68 million lines. I get that the list is very long (268 million lines) and moving to an exact memory position with this does not make much sense, but it could at least make the best use of it, i.e. move the content with every pixel.
    • Most important issue: Clicking above/below the thumb (= page up/down) does work and is a good way to scroll a bit further up and down than with the mouse wheel, but while doing so, the thumb jumps around weirdly and may end up under the cursor. The result: the next click will probably move the list by millions of lines.

3. First character of a line in the console cannot be selected (besides by selecting the whole line by clicking on it)

4. Window arrangement
    The windows can be arranged inside the main window, but there are two configurations. One for: if the main window is maximized, and one for: when it is not. Since I use Ozone with both, I need to (re)arrange the windows always two times. If this is supposed to be a feature, please make it disableable.

5. Window arrangement
    Some window arrangements are not loaded correctly. More specific, after opening Ozone they will get loaded correctly, but after 1 second they get rearranged. Example attached.
    Images
    • 5.png

11.33 kB, 789×293, viewed 16 times
  • Hi fraengers,

Thanks for your post.

1. We can reproduce that selecting data in the way you describe and subsequently copying the data into the clip board does not work as expected. We will fix that in a future release. When selecting the memory range via mouse or via keyboard everything works fine.

2. The behavior of the scrollbar is not perfect but as expected. On a 32 bit machine the memory window displays just a very small part of the 4 Gig address space.

3. It cannot be selected via mouse but via keyboard. We will provide a fix for the mouse handling but do not see that this has a high priority.

4. This behavior is intended. We will not provide a switch to enable/disable that.

5. We are aware that this may happen. Providing a fix for that is already on our list of future improvements.

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi fraengers,
    as I already stated: The behavior of the scrollbar is not perfect.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.