[SOLVED] freeRTOS plugin column naming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] freeRTOS plugin column naming

I want to suggest a more clear naming of the stack info column of the freeRTOS plugin or a change of the shown data, to avoid misconception.

Right now it shows free stack / total stack, as I found out after too long of time. I expected it to show used space / total space.

Personally I would prefer it to show stack usage instead of free space. At least it should have a properly named title.

On a side note, a minor bug: While creating a new CM7 project (I didn’t test, if this is processor specific), the suggestion to add the freeRTOS plugin, adds the CM4 version.

Project.SetDevice ("STM32H743VI");

Project.SetOSPlugin ("FreeRTOSPlugin_CM4");
  • Hi Fraengers,

Thank you for your suggestions regarding the column naming. I will present them in our next internal meeting where we discuss future improvements. At this point in time I cannot comment on whether this will be implemented and if yes, when.

Regarding the automatic plugin selection in your CM7 project: Could you please provide a reproducer?

Thanks and regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • New Project Wizard => STM32H743VI => use attached elf file => apply suggested freertos plugin addition
    Console shows CM4 plugin was loaded.

While you have already loaded the elf file, please observe the global variables view having a problem with structs/unions and bitfields and add it to your list, if this is not already there. (see image attached)

Source Code

1. typedef struct {
    2. union {
    3. struct {
    4. _Bool b1 : 1;
    5. _Bool b2 : 1;
    6. _Bool b3 : 1;
    7. _Bool b4 : 1;
    8. } bits;
    9. uint32_t word;
    10. } U1;
    11. union {
    12. struct {
    13. float f1;
    14. float f2;
    15. float f3;
    16. float f4;
    17. } named;
    18. float data[4];
    19. };
    20. struct {
    21. uint32_t ui1;
    22. union {
    23. struct {
    24. float f1;
    25. float f2;
    26. } named;
    27. float data[2];
    28. };
    29. } S1;
    30. } DataStruct_t;
    31. volatile DataStruct_t DS = {};
    Display All

PS: This board has problems too: timeouts, unknown errors with the file upload. Also I posted this answer already yesterday, but apparently it was not saved. Probably because an error message appeared on the bottom, out of screen, unnoticed, telling me that this post is too long. Which it wasn’t, but a pasted image gets counted with 1 char per pixel or something, so I hit the 10000 char limit …
    Images
    • ozone.PNG

32.92 kB, 614×476, viewed 18 times
    Files
    • Test.zip

(628.8 kB, downloaded 17 times, last: )
  • Hi fraengers,

thank you for providing the reproducer. I just checked and conclude that right now we are not able to fix that inconvenience. The impact is zero anyway, since the scripts for Cortex-M4 and Cortex-M7 are identical except a comment.

Please note that having multiple cases in a single thread is likely to have the effect of a topic being dropped. The issues you face with the forum should be posted in "General", not in "Ozone related".

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.