J-Link Boot Mode Switching

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link Boot Mode Switching

Hi,

I am working on automating several hardware tests to run overnight and have encountered an issue with automating my J-Link. For these tests, I need to switch between the two boot modes (J-Link and CMSIS-DAP) since both are required at different stages.

Could you please advise on how to automate the switching of boot modes? I would like to know if it is possible to change the boot mode using the J-Link Commander or the J-Link Configurator via the command line. If so, what commands or steps should I follow?

Additionally, I understand that a power cycle is necessary after changing the boot mode, and I have an automatic switch in place to handle this.

Best regards,

Pedro
    • Hi Pedro,

What unit do you use?
      (Can you please PM me the S/N?)

There is currently no official way to do this via J-Link Commander but we should be able to add something like that.
      Way easier than adding a whole command line handling to a heavy, almost GUI-only utility like the Configurator.

BR
      Alex
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.