Headless install on Headless Ubuntu Server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Headless install on Headless Ubuntu Server

Hello,

I am attempting to utilize a raspberry pi running ubuntu server as a part of our CI/CD & testing. I'd like to be able to use this pi to automate the process of flashing our products via SEGGER, but we've been having difficulties w/ the pi being headless. I read this forum post, and it seems there's a means to get everything set up on headless. Would you be able to provide us with this information as well?

Thanks!
    • Hi, I'm just a drive-by user like yourself (looking for help with a different topic :)),

But since I've got headless working I can help you with the ugliness of it. Fair warning, my headless setup is a few versions behind, so there might be new information.

During the install, just pass --copy-files-to argument to the installer

The second pain point, is that something in the segger binaries link to x11 libs, so even if you are headless you have to install x11 libs

apt-get update; apt-get upgrade -y; apt-get install -y libx11-6 libfreetype6 libxrender1 libfontconfig1 libxext6

Lastly, from the command line, ${SEGGER_INSTALL_DIR}/bin/emBuild is your build command. I'll leave the details of that to you to look up.