[SOLVED] Chip ID override

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Chip ID override

I'm using jlink Plus with Microchip atsamD21 using their studio debugging IDE. Due to the recent shortage of chips we have to use a variety of versions of this chip. We use D21E16B, D21E17A, and D21E17D. The firmware was written to work on all three versions and works just fine. My problem is in debugging, sometimes I need to debug a 17D, sometimes a 17A, and sometimes a 16B. Microchip does not make it easy to switch the chip type, it reloads a new set of libraries every time. When I activate the debug mode the chip ID is read to ensure the correct chip. However in my situation I would like to override this, and use only a single chip id. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Colin
  • That’s not how J-Link is intended to work.
    Nope, there is no possibility doing what you plan to do, with the available script etc. APIs.

We strongly recommend to not further pursue this path but select the correct device in the IDE.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.