Flasher Portable PLUS V1 - Manual firmware update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flasher Portable PLUS V1 - Manual firmware update

Hi
      I'm looking for the firmware update file (Flasher_Portable_PLUS_V1.bin) for the Flasher Portable PLUS V1, to perform a manual firmware update.
      In the folder Flasher_Vxxx/Firmwares/, I can find the Flasher_Portable_PLUS_V5.bin but not the Flasher_Portable_PLUS_V1.bin.
      Or is the Flasher Portable PLUS V1 not capable of performing a manual firmware update?
    • Hi,

Why do you think you need the manual update?
      What is the problem with the regular update path?
      We manual update is more something like a last resort for units that have a correctly signed etc. but faulty functioning firmware that can no longer be reached via USB or IP.
      Something that has not happened in years, so the manual update was not needed for a while…

BR
      Alex
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Alex

Sure, as a developer I've installed one of the latest version of the Segger Flasher Tools. So it's no issue for myself.
      We also update from time to time the installation on the build server, and this leads to incompatibility with older flasher.

Now our field engineer gets the error message: "Unsupported parameter in config file"
      As he does not have admin rights to install new software on his notebook, I thought it would be the easiest way to send him the firmware update file for his Segger Flasher Portable PLUS.

Thanks,
      Sam
    • Hi,

I see.
      I will discuss this internally.

In the meantime:
      Current (Windows) installers do not need admin rights for installation. You can also select “install only for this user”, then not even Program Files is touched but the software is installed to C:\Users\…
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.