RTT viewer doesn't seem to get a response for input

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RTT viewer doesn't seem to get a response for input

Hi, This seems to be a common issue, but I didn't see a way around for my problem. I use Nordic nRF52840 DK as a JTAG interface with some openthread devices. I can see the console messages being sent by my devices. I cant seem to get a reply for my commands send via the input channel. I can see in the log window that all the chars in my input string being sent to the device. But I cant see any chars being sent back. I know if I try the serial console, I get a reply for the same command. I tried this on both sleepy end devices and full thread devices, same results.

In my RTT config I have

CONFIG_LOG_BACKEND_RTT=y
      CONFIG_SEGGER_RTT_PRINTF_BUFFER_SIZE=128
      CONFIG_SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_SIZE_DOWN=128
      CONFIG_SEGGER_RTT_BUFFER_SIZE_UP=1024

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Cheers,
      Kaushalya
    • Hi Kaushalya,

It sounds like you are using Nordic Tools for handling RTT on PC side, correct?
      If so, please understand that we cannot provide help for applications which are not supported by SEGGER.

If not:
      Which application are you using?
      Could you please describe your setup in more detail?

kaushalyas wrote:

I know if I try the serial console, I get a reply for the same command.
      What kind of serial console are you referring to?

BR
      Fabian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Fabian,

Thanks. Yes I am using the Nordic Dev Board, which contains a J-Link. I am using the Segger RTT viewer though.

Please let me know if using Segger RTT viewer is good enough to continue this conversation.

Also on a side note, what Segger tools can I use to connect to nRF52840 over SWD interface to get RTT information?

Cheers,
      Kaushalya