when reparsing, j-scope cannot match array member variables?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• when reparsing, j-scope cannot match array member variables?

hi segger staff,

i've been using j-scope recently. jlink package version is v7.88f, mode is HSS, target device is infineon TLE9893, IDE is arm keil 5.33, elf file selected is the .axf file keil generated.

i want to monitor a variable, which is a array member in a struct. the first use is ok, but when the axf file is modified and j-scope needs to reparse the axf file, seems j-scope not able to match the variable and remove it from the symbol list.

so either i add these variables every time the software changes, or i add non-array copies to display them in j-scope, or i rework the data structrue of my software, all of which are not very convenient.

i wonder if this is normal(maybe because axf file contains less information than elf file?), or i did something wrong and it can be dealt with.

thanks for your help
    • Hello,

Normally, J-Scope should be able to match the variable.
      I just checked myself and could not see any issues.

For further investigation, could you please create a ticket for this issue:
      segger.com/support/technical-support/

The ticket should contain the following information:
      • Serial number of your J-Link
      • Used hardware
      • Software version used
      • Simplified example project
      • Detailed reproducer
      Once the issue is resolved, we will update this case accordingly.

Best regards,
      Simon
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.