SES not running pre-build step on first boot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SES not running pre-build step on first boot

I noticed that emBuild and SES do not run the pre-build step on the first run after installation (fresh install). I ran into this issue starting in version 7.x of Segger and emBuild.
      This came up because our CI server started failing builds after upgrading to 7.x because of a missing version header file that was supposed to be generated by the pre-build step. I had meant to post on the forum quite a while ago but ended up working around the issue by running emBuild twice (first time always fails and the second time the pre-build step will run and the build succeeds).
      Our CI pipeline uses a Docker container so it always runs like a fresh install. It's worth pointing out that the pre-build step was working up to version 6.22 but failed when I bumped our CI server to 7.10a (I didn't try the releases between those two versions but hopefully that narrows things down a little bit).

I am happy to collect logs on my end if that would be helpful but I figured I would drop a note here as it would be nice to get that resolved.
    • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
      Do you see the same behaviour with the latest Embedded Studio V8.10d?

If yes, could you provide a setup for reproduction that shows this behaviour?

Best regards,
      Nino
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.