[SOLVED] How to automate periodically calling Export.CodeProfile from script

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to automate periodically calling Export.CodeProfile from script

In order to isolate/understand the cause of an issue, in certain conditions I would like to halt the debug session in Ozone, in addition I would like periodically to write in a file (or stream?) what `Export.CodeProfile` is showing me at one moment.
    By comparing the code profiles, it would be easy to spot the set of functions which suddenly behaves differently.

Is there a way to periodically call `Export.CodeProfile`in Ozone scripting?

I tried to look for similar event catchers like `Break.OnChange` but I couldn't find something which instead of break, would call a function which I override or implement. Moreover, I would like to call it periodically, such as every 10 seconds.

Triggering the breakpoint I have to do from outside of Ozone. In my case I will capture the network and once I detect the conditions where I have to break the execution, I can solve by an UART connection. The external trigger source will send a command to UART and in Ozone I will set a breakpoint where that command is handled. Of course, it would be easier to just have a possibility to tell Ozone using external script or console app, to just break. I can still live with the custom solution with break. It is enough for me to stop nearby the moment of the issue, then after I inspected/understood the situation, I will refine the bug-hunting process.
  • Hi fefu,
    you can add a call-back function to the break point that is executed each time the break point is taken. Inside that function you can issue the export command.
    Triggering a command on a timer base is not possible.
    Does than answer your question?
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.