J-Link returns ResetTarget() error code 1 when connecting to EFM32WG232F256

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link returns ResetTarget() error code 1 when connecting to EFM32WG232F256

I've attached a screen shot of the connection session using the J-link utility. Hopefully this means something to someone.

I haven't used this on a project for a few years, so Windows must have had multiple updates since then. Whether that has any bearing on this is anyone's guess.

Any help and guidance would be very much appreciated. I've not had any connection issues in the past with this.

Thanks,
      Roger
      Images
      • J-link session.jpg

126.86 kB, 469×674, viewed 53 times
    • I've now looked through the Wiki, downloaded the latest J-Link and tried to connect to four different targets that I know are working correctly.
      I've installed it and checked the configurator which says that the firmware is up to date.
      I now get the attached dialog when attempting connection to two different targets.
      So now there's no useful error messagem it's just reporting 'Cannot connect to target'
      I've tried two different cables that connect to the target from the J-Link module, and that makes no difference either.

So comparing this session with the one in the previous post, it doesn't find the SW-DP ID or that the core is a Cortex-M4. If it could see this before, that suggests to me that it was properly connected else how could it know that information?

Since nothing physical has really changed between these sessions, it seems logical to me that this is a software issue.

I think I've come to the end of what I can figure out for myself. Is there anything else that anyone can suggest?

Thanks,
      Roger
      Images
      • J-link session1.jpg

100.68 kB, 503×667, viewed 33 times