J-Flash 32-Bit Bus Using External 16-Bit NOR Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Flash 32-Bit Bus Using External 16-Bit NOR Flash

[HARDWARE]
      Microcontroller: LPC1788
      External NOR Flash: 2 x M29W640GB6AZ (16bit, 64Mbit storage) connected in a 32 bit wide memory bank configuration
      j-Trace Pro and Flasher Portable PLUS

[SOFTWARE]
      Keil: MDK Professional: V5.38a
      J-Flash: V7.94e

Hi All
      We are into production of a product redesign and we would like to use Segger Flasher Portable PLUS units at production to program both the microcontroller internal FLASH and the external NOR FLASH. I've written all the embedded software including a Bootloader allowing customer updates in the field of both FLASH areas. During development within Keil I used the 'S29GL064N Dual Flash' programming algorithm and in the Bootloader I used S29GL064Nx2.c module with the CMSIS Flash API and everything works nicely.

So far so good, now though: I'm facing a problem getting the J-Flash unit to program the external 32bit configured external 16bit NOR devices. I've tried all the configurations within the J-Flash app even CFI connectivity but nothing seems to work or works partially for example the J-Flash apps states the external NOR has been erased, then when I run a 'Check Blank' it detects that the external FLASH is not blank. I'm hoping I've missed something or doing something silly but I've spent a bit of time on this with no success. I've added a detailed 'MCU->Init. steps' section to the J-Flash application to enable the LPC1788 w.r.t I/O and control for the External Memory Controller.

My request is very similar to that from user 'wbrosche', submitted on Sept 9th 2020 - unfortunately there was no detail on a solution.

Best Regards
      Jon