Difficulty flashing within gdb

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Difficulty flashing within gdb

I am working with a FRDM-K64F dev board, using a jlink base compact. I'm trying to do the same kinds of things I've done on other boards, but not having very good results, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what might be going on.

"monitor flash erase" worked for me once, and now it doesn't seem to want to work. The jlink reports "ERROR: Timeout while preparing target, RAMCode did not respond in time (PC = 0x00006CDC, XPSR = 0x61000005, SP = 0x20003068)!"). and it doesn't seem to have erased.

And, I seem to get similar errors when trying to use the 'load' command. Other times, I haven't gotten errors, but it still didn't seem to have flashed.

Any ideas as to what might be going on here?

I'm invoking the gdb server as `JLinkGDBServer -strict -device MK64FN1M0xxx12`.
    • BTW, I can successfully program the flash using the JLinkExe's loadfile command. So, this doesn't prevent me from debugging too much. I'm just trying to catch a problem that only occurs on the first boot after a new image is loaded, and would find that easier to do from the gdb server.
    • Hi,

Could you please send create and send one J-Link log file of the failing scenario as well as one of the good case?
      How to enable: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

Best regards,
      Erik
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.