[ABANDONED] J-Link and J-Flash QSPI programming issue using alternate pinouts on i.MXRT

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link and J-Flash QSPI programming issue using alternate pinouts on i.MXRT

Hello,
    in our products, based on i.MXRT processors, we use alternate pinout for the QSPI flash used for boot. Although programming works generically fine, it looks like the Segger QSPI loader for these devices probes all the combination of pinouts for the primary FlexSPI controller in order to detect the correct pinout. This causes detection and/or operation problems if some pin of the primary port is used for any other function.

Is there a way to instruct the QSPI loader for i.MXRT to use a specific pinout for primary FlexSPI controller, skipping the detection phase? This is required for both J-Flash and J-Link.

Thank you in advance and best regards,
    Stefano Voulaz
  • Hi,

There is no probing / trying (and has never been) for the correct pin config for exactly the reason you mentioned.

J-Link detects the connected flash by reading its ID via the RDID command but there is always a fixed pinout used.

Can you please send some screenshots that show your actual J-Flash settings that you see this issue with?
    Device selection, loader selection, enabled flash banks, …
    Alternatively, you can post your *.jflash file.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.