J-Scope reports 'Failed to initialize HSS'

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Scope reports 'Failed to initialize HSS'

Hi,

I'm trying to use J-Scope, but as soon as a click 'start' I get the message 'Failed to initialize HSS'.
    I've used J-Scope in the recent past on the same host and target successfully, and debugging using MCUXpresso and the J-Link still works fine.
    I'm not aware that I changed anything that might break J-Scope's functioning and the error message doesn't provide a clue unfortunately.

How can I get J-Scope working again?

J-Link software 749d
    macOS 14.1.2 (Apple M1)
    LPC844M201

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Remco Poelstra
  • Do you mean V7.94d or really V7.49d?

If it is V7.94d: Do you also see the issue with V7.94e?
    There was a hotfix for Linux in that version but in case it fixes a problem on your machine as well, we will have a look again what happened for macOS because there is no known isssue under macOS.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I'm sorry about the confusion. I meant V794d.
    I just tried V794e and it shows the same problem.
    Before trying V794d I was using V792c, and I downloaded V794d in the hope it was already fixed.
    I've tried V788h as well, as it was still on my system. It fails as well.
    On Win11, V788m gave the exact same error message. I don't know if it ever worked on Win11 for me, I've never used it there.
    Given the fact that I've used JScope successfully a few months ago, I would come to believe that the probe's firmware is at fault and not the JScope application. But this is just a feeling. I don't know which FW version was on the probe in the past.

Please let me know if there is anything I can test for you.
  • OK, so this is unrelated to the Linux issue we fixed with V7.94e.
    We will check if we can reproduce things.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.