[SOLVED] JLink Commander - Tutorial

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink Commander - Tutorial

I am working with a JLink EDU and SES with a SAMD21 board. I want to use the command line software JLink Commander to go through individual steps like halting the core, setting a breakpoint etc. I have found the basic documentation for the same. It would help me a lot though if there was a tutorial about how to string these commands together. Are there any scripts I can use as a reference?
  • Hi,

J-Link Commander is designed to be used as a verification tool, to be able to verify that several low-level operations work as expected, independent from an IDE.

It is not designed to replace an IDE or be a full-blown debugger with ELF file debug info support, source-level debug or automated testing.
    While some degree of automation is possible with command files is possible:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Commander#Batch_processing
    it heavily depends on your setup, if that suffice your needs.

For more complex setups and customized actions, there is an SDK available:
    segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/tools/j-link-sdk/

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.