[CLOSED] j-scope V7.92o fix of j-scope elf file parsing broke parsing of SES generated elf.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [CLOSED] j-scope V7.92o fix of j-scope elf file parsing broke parsing of SES generated elf.

Hi,
    The j-scope v7.92o release notes states fix of elf file parsing, and that did fix a problem parsing gcc generated elf files.
    BUT
    That fix broke the parsing of files generated by Segger Embedded Studio version 5.50d.
    When opening SES 5.50d elf files with j-scope, the parsing step succeeds, but in the following Select Symbols window, typing anything in the Filter Symbols frame causes j-scope to crash.
    This happens on two Windows 10 platforms. Testing was with 7.92q and 7.94.

Segger fixed one of my dev environments, and broke the other. I guess you can't please everyone... :(
  • Hi,

I confirm exactly the same behaviour on STM32CubeIDE with GCC10.

Since the J-Scope v7.92o release till v7.94, when opening elf file, first it stuck parsing for a while on few places, then parsing completed, but in the following Select Symbols window, typing anything in the Filter Symbols frame causes J-Scope to crash.

V7.92n operate normally.

I don't know, what they fix in parsing elf files, but I guess they broke it not only for some dev environments, but for everyone? )))

Anyone else have some problems with it?
  • Hello all,

thanks for the report.

I was able to reproduce this with one of my test ELF files while others work fine. We will investigate this and will try to have a fix included with the next version.

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

thanks for the reaction.

J-Scope new version V7.94a [2023-12-06] still have this issue.

Completely the same behaviour with crushing on typing anything in the Filter Symbols window after elf file parsing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maketych ().

• Hi,

unfortunately it seems that it has not been fixed.

J-Scope new versions V7.94b [2023-12-14] and V7.94c [2024-01-03] still have this issue with gcc-arm-none-eabi-10.3-2021.10.

Completely the same behaviour with crushing on typing anything in the Filter Symbols window after elf file parsing.
    Also it is stucking while parsing for ~70 seconds at some point (67% in my case) then continue.

V7.92n [2023-10-31] operate normally.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maketych ().

• Hello,

I cannot reproduce this with J-Scope V7.94c.

Could you create a ticket through our support ticket system and include the ELF file with which this is reproducible?
    support.segger.com/
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.