[SOLVED] Ask again, for Raspberry Pi connect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ask again, for Raspberry Pi connect

Hello Alex,

Sorry, the early thread was close, so I need raise a new one.

Very glad to heard latest firmware support A53/72....

But I tried, still failed. jlink.exe show "Could not measure total IR len. TDO is constant high."

There is one thing I don't understand, by your early reply the RTCK is important for ARM7/9.
    But the Edu Mini don't have this pin.

another question : after firmware update, it support A53/72, does any one tested with PI ?
  • Hi,

What do you mean with „I do not understand“?
    RTCK is important for ARM7/9 only but the EDU Mini does not support ARM7/9, so why should RTCK even be implemented on the EDU mini?…

No, we did not test the mini explicitly with a Pi. The v8-AR support is shared code and has been tested on v8-AR based cores before, so it is known to be working.

As in your case even the very very very low-level JTAG communication does not work (before ANY core-specific stuff comes into play), I am 99.99% confident that it is a setup issue.

Maybe the Pi is not a 3.3V chip but a 1.8V or 5V one? (The EDU mini only supports 3.3V)

Maybe you have made a wiring mistake?

Maybe JTAG was not correctly enabled by the chip (boot option not evaluated)?

Etc.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello yangming, Hello Alex,

I am currently facing the same issue getting the JLink Edu Mini working with the RPI Zero 2W.

@yangming: I think your setup of the pins might be wrong. Here is a conversation which I found very useful: forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=286115
    Note that the pull up for the GPIO Pin 22 must be set to high.

I tested the JTAG connection with openocd:
    openocd -f interface/jlink.cfg -f board/rpi3.cfg

When attaching gdb to it, I can use basic debugging functionality such as breakpoints.

@Alex: When trying to use the JLinkGDBServer instead of openocd, it breaks down due to
    ****** Error: CTI connected to core not found. Debugging not possible
    (explained in more detail here: stackoverflow.com/questions/58…cortex-a53-raspberry-pi3b)

As mentioned in the above link I tried to set CORESIGHT_Core-BaseAddr but it didn't help. Does SEGGER provide the scripts to set up all this things such as the rpi3.cfg from openocd? If yes, could you please point me out to where I can find them and how to apply them?

Thanks in advance for the help, notoriou5

The post was edited 2 times, last by notoriou5 ().

• Just to report on this thread. I have the J-Link EDU Mini working successfully with a Raspberry Pi 4 B (Broadcom BCM2711 / ARM Cortex-A72) with J-Link Commander and J-Link GDB Server.

If it's helpful to others, here's my relevant config.txt entries:

enable_jtag_gpio=1
    gpio=23-27=a4
    gpio=22=a4,pu

Make sure you update the firmware on the probe to at least Version V7.92n (2023-10-31).

Thanks to SEGGER for adding ARMv8-A/R core support to the EDU Mini.