[SOLVED] J-Link connection to TI LP-EM-CC2340R5​ fails with "... does not support dormant mode handling."

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link connection to TI LP-EM-CC2340R5​ fails with "... does not support dormant mode handling."

Hello

I am trying to flash the TI LP-EM-CC2340R5 using the J-link as explained in your wiki post.

When I verify the connection with the J-Link Commander, it fails with a warning stating:

The connected J-Link (S/N: [...]) does not support dormant mode handling. Debugging is not possible.

The J-Link Commander output is the following:

My hardware setup is the following:

J-Link (with the J-Link-Adapter CortexM) connected to J4 of the TI LP-EM-CC2340R5. The TI LP-EM-CC2340R5 is powered with 3.3V via the 3.3V and GND pins on the pin header (P1).

According to this post in your forum, other people did not have any problems getting the sample to run. I assume, there is something wrong with my setup, but I did not manage to find my mistake.
    Could you maybe give me a hint what I am doing wrong?

I also found this forum post addressing issues with dormant mode switching, but since the issue is with another chip and your example seems to work for other users, I figured this does not solve my problem.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you might be able to provide.
  • Can you please send me the S/N of your J-Link via PM?
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • All good, I received the S/N.
    I explicitly asked for the S/N because many people have multiple J-Links or switch models after registration etc.,
    so the S/N during registration is not necessarily the one in use right now.

Your J-Link is a J-Link PLUS HW V10 from 2016 and out of support & maintenance.
    It does not support dormant mode handling completely, which is needed for TI CC2340 support.
    You need a new J-Link here.
    I recommend the trade-in program: segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.