[ABANDONED] J-LINK SWD problem with Cortex_M3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-LINK SWD problem with Cortex_M3

Good morning,
    I'm facing a problem with my J-LINK connected to a board with Cortex M3 by NXP (LPC1317).
    I always used J-LINK with many microcontrollers without problems with JTAG connector; this is the first time I use SWD because LPC1317 doesn't have a JTAG port

I can download the software, start the execution step by step or in continuos mode but my application stops when the debugger reaches the "enable interrupt" instructions. I don't get any error message by the debugger, simply it stops and doesn't go further.
    The software is a commercial product so I'm sure this is OK because it has been already tested in production, the problem is about SWD with enabled interrupts.
    Can anyone help me about this problem? I don't know how to solve it.

Best regards
  • Does not really make sense.
    Interrupt enable is not related with the low-level SWD debug protocol.
    I suspect a different issue.
    Nothing SWD-specific. I am wondering why you suspect SWD (a well proven interface) to be the issue, when not even having another interface to compare on the same chip…

Pretty sure that SWD works fine.
    Does it work if you do not try to step the “enable interrupt” but just let the application run in the debugger?
    Maybe it is a step-over issue in the IDE, with the enable interrupt part.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the ansewer.
    I use IAR Embedded Workbench as IDE; I'm not expert with SWD, I have always used JTAG.
    Probably there is an issue but I don't know where it is located; I have noticed also that variables and internal registers can't be accessed by SWD while in JTAG mode with other microcontrollers I can view every data in my software or registers inside the microcontroller.
    Is it normal?

With JTAG I have connected the port and It works at the first time every time, without any configuration or settings by me. Probably SWD needs some specific settings somewhere but I don't know where.
  • If you are in the active support period for your J-Link and can provide an example project for an eval board (not custom hardware!!!) we can have a look.

I will close this thread for now.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.