[Closed] external library (gsl) is not linked properly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Closed] external library (gsl) is not linked properly

Hi,
    I am currently trying to use the GNU Scientific library (gsl gnu.org/software/gsl/doc/html/) in a nordic related project in SES. for this reason, I have added the include path of the gsl library to the preprocessor user include directories and have added the path to the actual libraries (gsl.a and gslcblas.a) to the linker_additional_files option. I can find the declaration of the functions in use within the project, but on build, the .a files dont seem to be properly recognized, as im getting 'undefined reference to [...]' errors.
    What am I doing wrong here?
    Best, Julius
  • > I have added the include path of the gsl library to the preprocessor user include directories and have added the path to the actual libraries (gsl.a and gslcblas.a) to the linker_additional_files option.

This should be the proper way, at least it had worked for me.
    Are you sure you have the proper library version (core, FPU ABI) ?
    Perhaps there is some language conflict (C/C++, name mangling) ?
    The GSL usually need a Unix/Linux- like platform, or the respective environment.
    Perhaps there is something else missing.
    Did you check the full compiler/linker output ?
  • hey frank, thanks for your answer
    I took the archive files from version 2.7.1 and didnt change anything so basically there is only one version. Output looks like this for all the messages:
    1> /Applications/SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 5.64/gcc/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /U/Desktop/tb/project/src/merged/performance/algorithm:41: undefined reference to `gsl_vector_get'
    so youre saying GSL needs unix/linux like platform but I am trying to use it on an ARM cortex-4, is that possible at all?
    language conflict shouldnt be it, I used the library in c programming before just not on a uC via SES
  • I have cross compiled gsl for my needs, and have added it to my project through the normal way, the error I get now is 'undefined reference to `_impure_ptr' which apparently is related to the library I am using in SES (it the native one) and I dont know how to use another (newlib) and if this could possibly break things in my project. Can anyone help here?