[SOLVED] Problem connecting to mx534

• [SOLVED] Problem connecting to mx534

I am new to the forum so hello everyone!

I have a problem with my own citroen c4 GP dash. The simptoms are constant resetting after only a second or two of working. With a huge amount od testing and debugging I have narrowed it to the cpu mx534. If I use freeze spray for a few sec the whole thing gets past that problematic constant rebbot stage an work normally for hours and days if I don't cut off the power. After that whole is the same - freeze spray to work or constant restarting.
    I have a new cpu and I managed to trace out the jtag connecting points but since there is no mx534 on the list of supported devices I have sellected mx535 and the log is:

- JTAG chain detection found 3 devices:
    - #0 Id: 0x1BA00477, IRLen: 04, CoreSight JTAG-DP
    - #1 Id: 0x00000001, IRLen: ?, Unknown device
    - #2 Id: 0x1190D01D, IRLen: ?, Unknown device
    - ERROR: Cortex-A/R (connect): Could not determine address of core debug registers. Incorrect CoreSight ROM table in device?
    - ERROR: Failed to connect.
    Could not establish a connection to target.
    - ERROR: Connect failed

Any help or suggestion is wellcome
  • Hi,
    Usually devices are locked when produced for release to prevent them from being read out.
    The i.MX534 for example has multiple debug modes which either require the correct key to be passed or
    disable debug access completely.
    I would be very surprised if the car manufacturer did not enable security for the device.

In such a case there is not much you can do, I'm afraid.
    I suggest to contact, the car manufacturer for help instead.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.