[SOLVED] unable to write non numerical serial number

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] unable to write non numerical serial number

Hi,

I currently own a Flasher ARM programmer, and would like to use its program serial number function for an STM32 chip.
    The serial number that I am trying to program has a format of 123123-123.
    I am able to successfully write this serial number into the Serial.TXT file but as soon as I program it, anything after the "-" disappears. Leaving me with only 123123.
    The length is defined to be 10 so it is able to write 123123123 or anything that doesn't have a non numerical digit.
    Is there anyway for me to program the serial number in the above mentioned 123123-123 format with the actual "-"?

Cheers.
    Harris
  • Hello Harris,

The serial number in SERIAL.TXT is a number (unsigned integer).

If you want to use hyphens or other special characters, you'd need to use the "custom serial number" feature and provide a SNLIST.TXT file.
    Please refer to the chapter in the manual: wiki.segger.com/UM08022_Flasher#Serial_number_list_file

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.