[ABANDONED] Memory browser doesn't refresh

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Memory browser doesn't refresh

Hello, my memory browser doesn't refresh. Changing the interval in the 'Periodic Refresh' pane has no impact.
    I am using Segger J-Link EDU probe.
    Thank you.
    Images
    • memorybrowser.png

70.78 kB, 851×384, viewed 397 times
  • Hi Skam,
    please be a bit more specific. At which occasion do you expect the refresh to occur?
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,
    thanks for your response. Sorry, my question was not clear.
    From the ozone user guide I got to know that the 'Memory window' updates itself at a fixed rate based on the 'Periodic Refresh' set. (pls find it attached)
    This is quite a convinient feature that I usually have the habit of looking at the memory window for updated values.

Each time I set the Periodic Refresh to certain value (say 500ms), there is no periodic refresh observed in the memory window.
    And there is no command displyed in the Console Window when I perform this action.

Also noticed that the memory window updates only on a Debug Halt.

Please let me know if you need any other info.
    Thank you.
    Kind regards
    Images
    • MemoryWindow.png

177.73 kB, 1,416×795, viewed 359 times
    • PeriodicReferesh_MemWind.png

11.13 kB, 220×154, viewed 99 times
    • MemoryWindow_on_DebugHalt.png

21.66 kB, 460×418, viewed 348 times
    • PeriodicUpdate_OzoneUserGuide.png

23.2 kB, 783×161, viewed 341 times
  • Hi skam,
    the memory window does not update its content while the target is halted. This is intended. Automatic update only takes place when the CPU is running.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Alex,
    I meant to say that it is not updating when the CPU is running.

In the previous reply I just wanted to let you that it updated only when the CPU got halted.

Kind regards

The post was edited 1 time, last by skam ().

• Hi skam,
    could you please provide an Ozone log and a J-Link log for the case that the memory window is not updated while the debug session is active? It might be the case the window is actually updated but if the memory content does not change, there will be no change in the display.
    Creating an Ozone log is described in section 8 of the Ozone user's manual, creating a J-Link log is described here: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File
    Please note that both logs should be recorded in the very same debug session.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD