[SOLVED] Code-Folding and rectangle-selection

• [SOLVED] Code-Folding and rectangle-selection

Hello Segger Team,

Code-Folding is not working together with rectangle-selection. It is doing strange things.

For reproduction:

• open a big source-code file
    • fold a code section
    • make a rectangle selection below the folded code section
    • start typing

Tested with Embedded Studio 7.30

One more thing. Embedded Studio can analyte source-code files with Clang-Tidy by right-clicking on the code-file and selecting “Analyze”. Clang-Tidy does support checking of header-files, but the command-entry is missing in the context-menu when right-clicking on a header-file. Could you add the Clang-Tidy support for header files?

regards
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Could you provide screenshots or a video of the "strange things"?
    I tried your reproduction steps and the editor was behaving as expected for me.

Masmiseim wrote:

One more thing. Embedded Studio can analyte source-code files with Clang-Tidy by right-clicking on the code-file and selecting “Analyze”. Clang-Tidy does support checking of header-files, but the command-entry is missing in the context-menu when right-clicking on a header-file. Could you add the Clang-Tidy support for header files?
    Currently not planned but we will add it to the wishlist.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Thank you for the video.
    Unfortunately not reproducible for me as I can't seem to select the three lines with the mouse as you did in the video without marking everything between the two endpoints.
    How did you achieve this? Did you change some global editor settings?

EDIT: Nevermind. I noticed that it looked simply like a multi line edit selection. If I do that via the keyboard I get the same result. We are investigating.

EDIT2: Should be fixed in the next ES version.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

thanks for the feedback and good to hear that you can reproduce the behavior.

I did a rectangle selection; this is quite common in several code-editors. Pres [alt] + [left mouse key] and move the mouse to do the selection.

Regards