[SOLVED] MIMXRT1176-EVKB RevC1 ETM tracing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] MIMXRT1176-EVKB RevC1 ETM tracing

I just purchased a J-Trace Cortex-M Pro to begin tracing execution on IMXRT.
    I also purchased the NXP MIMXRT1170-EVKB RevC1 evaluation board to test my setup.

The EVKB was modified to bridge the resistors: R1881, R1882, R1883, R1884, R1885, and R1886

I loaded the sample Ozone project (NXP_iMXRT1176_M7_TracePins.zip) from this wiki: wiki.segger.com/i.MXRT1176#Tracing_on_iMXRT1176_series

I removed the code in the AfterTargetDownload() and AfterTargetReset() functions of the project

When starting the debug session, it loads and then the console states: No trace clock present, trace may not work correctly. and then the debug session ends.

I am running the latest Ozone V3.30, J-Link 7.88i so I expected it to "just work". I see other posts about this setup, apparently working.
    I did probe the TRACE_CLK pin with an oscilloscope, but there is no clock signal.

Is this Ozone sample project still tested to work with the EVKB?
    Is there anything I am missing? This was supposed to be an *easy* starting point for testing ETM trace!
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Generally the example project provided via the Wiki works out of the box with the pictured board, so we recommend to use the example project as is.

By the way, we received a very similar request via our support system. Could it be that you are the same person?
    Could you provide your J-Trace Pro S/N for verification?

If you are the same person we would propose to close this forum thread and continue via the support ticket to make sure no crucial information is lost between channels.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello jking,

I think I have exactly the same illness like yours.
    I am exactly using the imxrt1170evk revC with a very new JTRACE-PRO over JTAG/ETM interface.

it is not a supprise you couldn't have the trace communication if you dont know the 4-bit rise timing setting must be "-0.5ns" (never with default value)

with the measure, you may have the trace comminication if you are "lucky" sometimes.

I have already created a ticke to complain the issue.
    1) the trace commnication with the imxrt1170evk is too instable (you have to frequently reset)
    2) it is too easily to get the trace overflow error, which should never happen, (p.s. by the DEMO STM32 eval-board, it was all good)

if anyone of you have positive experience how to figure out the problem, please share...
  • Hello,

You two are talking about two different board variants.
    There is EVK and EVKB. OP is talking about the EVKB.

We are in contact with NXP as there seems to be an issue with EVKB Rev C1 Boards.

EVK boards are fine and work as expected.
    As you opened a ticket for the EVK matter as well and it does not have to do with this EVKB thread this thread will be closed now and your inquiry continued via our support system.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.