[SOLVED] SEGGER/SEGGER_RTT_ASM_ARMv7M.S bad instruction on Atmel SAM4E16E

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SEGGER/SEGGER_RTT_ASM_ARMv7M.S bad instruction on Atmel SAM4E16E

Hello everyone,
    I am trying to integrate the Segger Systemview Software into my microchip project. I am using the Microchip microcontroller Atmel SAM4E16E (32-bit ARM Cortex M4).
    Here is how the project inclusion looks like in Microchip Studio:
    My build output looks like this:
    I cannot build my project properly since I got too many errors (a couple of them are shown in the previous image). Can anyone please help me?

Best regards
    Gaetan
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    The file was tested for Cortex-M4 and gcc so it should work. Are you sure that your build options are set up correctly for Cortex-M4?

Alternatively what you could try is set preprocessor define RTT_USE_ASM = 0 in your project. Then only the C source will be considered and the assembler file ignored.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,
    I have the same issue, when I use "as" command, I managed to compile this file using gcc and g++ commands. What is the proper way of compiling this file? Do you have or can create reference project for ATSAMV71-XULT board? I use ATSAMV71 on my custom board, but reference files with a tutorial would help a lot.
  • Hello,

Not sure what your issue is. It is a simple gcc/clang compatible assembly file. If you have your general toolchain setup correctly all you have to do is add the file to your project and build it.
    If this does not simply work your general setup is most likely not correct.

For reference in our embOS release page you can find startup project for multiple boards. embOS is our RTOS which is also instrumented by SystemView via RTT. So everything is setup already and can be compiled and debugged with our IDE Embedded Studio. For evaluation both embOS and ES can be used for free.

embOS downloadlink:
    segger.com/downloads/embos/emb…texM_EmbeddedStudio_Trial
    ES downloadlink:
    segger.com/downloads/embedded-studio/#ESforARM

You can find an example project for the SAMV71Q21_SAMV71_XPlainedUltra board and SAMD21E18_SAMD21_XPlainedPro under the following path in the embOS zip:

.\Start\BoardSupport\Microchip

Simply build the projects with ES and load them into the corresponding eval boards. Then you should be able to debug the application and record with SystemView.

As you can see from the project setup the RTT files are simply in the SEGGER folder and build just fine.

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.