[ABANDONED] Exception Dialog doesn't show information about exception cause

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Exception Dialog doesn't show information about exception cause

I am trying to use the touted Exception Analysis features of Ozone, but it just isn't working very well. Looking at the two videos here (segger.com/products/developmen…echnology/fault-analysis/), it seems exactly what I need! However, when my app hits an exception, I get a dialog with only two SCB control registers, and provides no debug information about the exception itself. In the video, there is plentiful information pointing exactly to the problem. What am I missing here to get this cool feature working?

Here is my current configuration, updated today:

Ozone V3.30 (upgraded today)
    J-Link V7.88e (upgraded today - version Ozone V3.30 wants)
    J-Link Plus (upgraded firmware from J-Link V7.88e today)
    STM32G0B0VE target (Cortex-M0 CPU)

Please help, as the fault I'm hitting doesn't allow me to set a breakpoint in the HardFault_Handler.

Two other thoughts:

1. I wonder if the fault that is triggering this is such that the only info the Exception Dialog is what is being shown. If this is the case, I suppose we really need to be careful not to introduce that in our code! Could this be possible?

2. Back to the breakpoint in the HardFault_Handler; how could this be? To be clear, Ozone lets me set the breakpoint, but I never hit the breakpoint. In the HardFault_Handler, which is highest priority (other than NMI) and cannot be masked, how could the breakpoint not be it? Something seems very wrong there...
    Images
    • OzoneException.png

122.61 kB, 1,654×575, viewed 437 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by rsg ().

• Hi rsg,
    for processing your request for support additional information is required. Could you please share your Ozone project file with us?
    Best regards-- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.