[ABANDONED] J-Link Base ignoring selected reset strategy?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link Base ignoring selected reset strategy?

I have been using an Atmel-ICE for programming and debugging a SAMG55J19 without issue for a few weeks, but I'd like to use my jlink base to have access to some of the more advanced tools, namely the SWO and Scope viewers. My understanding is that the Atmel-ICE doesn't support these SEGGER tools.
    However, I'm having trouble connecting the jlink base to the part. Whereas the ICE uses something similar to reset strategy 0 (no measured activity on RESET line, uses DAP registers to request system reset?), the jlink base seems to be trying to pull this line low. It does this seemingly regardless of the selected reset strategy; I have copied this (wiki.segger.com/images/8/86/Ex…ortexM_Normal.JLinkScript) script and tried to launch the GDB server with no luck; it still tries to pull reset down. I have also tried without this script, both in SWD and JTAG modes. Host and Programmer firmware are both the Sep. 22, 2022 versions. In all cases the tool gives up after this line in the log:

02-00000000-00-00000240-0059: T53E8 021:924.212 RESET (pin 15) high, but should be low. Please check target hardware.

Is there some hardware discrepancy between the jLink SWD/JTAG plug and the Atmel-ICE's that I'm overlooking? I have checked the connector pinouts carefully and have verified with a scope that the base is indeed trying to pull down reset. It cannot be allowed to do this because it will fight with a reset controller that is part of the target board. To be clear, I don't think it should even be trying unless reset strategy 2 (ResetPin) is selected. That is my understanding of this page: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Reset_Strategies

I have also tried a SAM-ICE, same behavior.