[SOLVED] Ozone debugging Portenta H7 - add mbed OS view window

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone debugging Portenta H7 - add mbed OS view window

Hello,

I added the following to by .jdebug file - specifically the last line

Source Code

1. void OnProjectLoad (void) {
    2. //
    3. // Dialog-generated settings
    4. //
    5. Project.AddPathSubstitute ("Z:/User/SALASOFT/Constr/Envirowatch/Code/MainCode/EnviroWatch", "$(ProjectDir)");
    6. Project.AddPathSubstitute ("z:/user/salasoft/constr/envirowatch/code/maincode/envirowatch", "$(ProjectDir)");
    7. Project.SetDevice ("STM32H747XI_M7");
    8. Project.SetHostIF ("USB", "175102672");
    9. Project.SetTargetIF ("SWD");
    10. Project.SetTIFSpeed ("4 MHz");
    11. Project.AddSvdFile ("$(InstallDir)/Config/CPU/Cortex-M7F.svd");
    12. //
    13. // User settings
    14. //
    15. File.Open ("C:/Users/RS/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino-sketch-FFBA7C5D8784E913A256FD1018B9CBF5/EnviroWatch.ino.elf");
    16. Project.SetOSPlugin("embOSPlugin.dll");
    17. }
    Display All
    I see the embed OS tab on View, and when opening it all I get is a blank screen.

Is there some issue of the plugin on the mbed configuration of the portenta?

I did not install or do anything with the .js embed plugin code - presumably that is called by the window itself?

Let me know if there is anything else I can try to get a look at al my threads.

Thanks
  • My mistake -= I did not realize that embOS is the Segger real time OS and not ARM MBed.

in any case, my original question requiring the viewing of thread info of the Portenta, running MBed OS still stands.

Is this possible?

Thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by rs77can ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Correct embOS is our own RTOS so the plugin would not work with other RTOS's.
    Generally it is possible to view RTOS info of any RTOS in Ozone. But you need to supply a plugin so Ozone knows where to look for task/thread information of your RTOS.
    For this Ozone has an open JavaScript based interface which you can use to create your own RTOS awareness plugin.
    How is described in the Ozone manual in chapters 6.3 and 7.10.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.