[ABANDONED] Memory profilling : Memory consumption for each module: application, Library and SDK in (FLASH and RAM).

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Memory profilling : Memory consumption for each module: application, Library and SDK in (FLASH and RAM).

Dear Team,
    I am new to Segger embedded studio IDE, currently for our project need I made Segger Embedded studio V5.68 setup.
    Firstly I have created an application with some libraries and SDK.
    I'm able to build the application successfully, as of now I don't have the hardware with me.
    Now I tried to check the Size of each module: Application, Library, and SDK.
    Is there any way to check the memory consumed by each module like,
    SDK : X Bytes in FLASH memory.
    Library : Y Bytes in FLASH memory.
    Apllication : Z Bytes in FLASH memory.
    Is there any linker options or enabling macros would do my work?
    Please let me know if you have any way to do this!
    Thanks in advance.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Which linker are you using in your project?
    SEGGER Linker or gnu linker?

Generally you should be able to create a section for each code part and place the application accordingly.
    Now when you compile with Embedded Studio you can display the different memory usage of the different symbols and sections via View->Memory Usage.

There you will find the memory regions defined for your device. If you now expand one of them you will find all symbols and sections that have been placed in that region with their corresponding size.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.