[SOLVED] .jdebug editing problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] .jdebug editing problems

I just upgraded to Ozone v3.26g (on MacOS Big Sur 11.6.6) and encountered two problems editing `.jdebug` files within Ozone:

1. If I place the cursor behind `//` and type a space (i.e. <spacebar> key) then the cursor jumps to between the first and second `/` and inserts a space so the result is `/ /`.

- See attached "before" and "after" images

2. Despite editing the `.jdebug` file there is no `*` (asterisk) shown next to the filename in the tabbed window of open files --- the open file tab shows `myproject.jdebug` instead of `myproject.jdebug*`. Additionally the File menu option "Save myproject.jdebug" is grayed out. It's as though the editor does not realize I've made changes to the `.jdebug` file. Furthermore "Control-S" to save the file doesn't work. If I do "Control-S", then close Ozone, and re-open the project, the `.jdebug` file does not show my changes.

I downgraded to Ozone v3.26f and the second problem is resolved, but the first problem still exists -- I'm not sure when that behavior started.
    Images
    • after.png

44.03 kB, 442×152, viewed 322 times
    • before.png

61.33 kB, 639×192, viewed 308 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sparky ().

• Hi Sparky,
    thanks for notifying us. The 1st issue is most likely related to using leading tabs for indentation. Ozone does not always handle tabs properly.
    The 2nd issue can be reproduced in our labs.
    We will provide a fix in a subsequent release.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - AlexD wrote:

Hi Sparky,
    thanks for notifying us. The 1st issue is most likely related to using leading tabs for indentation. Ozone does not always handle tabs properly.
    The 2nd issue can be reproduced in our labs.
    We will provide a fix in a subsequent release.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Thanks for the reply, AlexD!

I'll try replacing tabs with spaces and see if that helps the first issue.

I noticed an Ozone update today (v3.26h) so I'll give that a test. Glad to know that you could repro the issue!