[ABANDONED] Flashloader says Cannot find struct "FlashDevice"​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flashloader says Cannot find struct "FlashDevice"​

Hi,

I have created a flash loader based on the open flashloader template, but JLinkExe reports:

Error: Algo error: Cannot find struct "FlashDevice"

There is a comment in Placement.xml which says "Must be the last section acc. to open flash loader spec.".

I have the symbol FlashDevice defined in the output section DevDscr which is the last section in my elf file.

I presume there must be various other requirements which I am not meeting. Where can I find a copy of the open flash loader spec so that I can make this work?

Many thanks,
  • [ABANDONED] Flashloader says Cannot find struct "FlashDevice"​

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I read the linked page entirely before posting and it does not contain the information required.

In particular, I need to know what is the DLL looking for when it gives the message 'Cannot find struct "FlashDevice"'. I have this symbol defined in the correct section. Would it help if I attach the elf file?

Thanks,
    Tom