[ABANDONED] OB JLink and nrf52DK and its reset

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] OB JLink and nrf52DK and its reset

Hello all,

First of all I am new to this :) anyway, the nrf52DK is used to read the sensors values via the i2c or twi ... all good when the whole debugging works ... however, in most cases the JLink has to be reset within the SES or reconnected , etc. the board has to be reseted to get the debugging working...

1st question: is it even "allowed" to use the ses debugger terminal along with the RTT, like JScope? If so, from where to code is run, ok, it is compiled and flashed in the ses, however, should the code be run in the ses along with all the reseting needed to get the Debugging terminal going , and then start sampling within the JScope? Indeed, after several tries this approach eventually works, however, very annoying experience, in most cases it does not work, hence my question, how to start this process? Indeed, someone has realized I want to observe the values in JScope however, the whole coding is done in the ses, so how to flip between those two and come back reflash the code and begging the debugging process again? Actually, how is the relationship between the JScope and ses organized, who is the master or how to approach this?

2nd question: ok, once the code is flashed onthe device (nrf52Dk) it takes some time to get the debugging going within the ses, not sure why is this so ... I have tried either the with the debugging or released project in either case when the reset is released on the nrf52dk the program does not relaunch itself, guess there must be some kind of functions to use that? Is it related to the embOS ? So far I am using the pooling...

Meanwhile I have tried the debugging with the JScope individually and indeed, if it is run separately from the ses it works, however, if reset is pressed , it does not reboot itself, ... So, I guess either should be used individually and that the program should be run in the ses ... ?

Any comments are much appreciated!

Best.