XBF Font issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• XBF Font issue

Hi,
      I am creating a font using FontCvt 6.16 tool.
      I can create XBF font (save as .xbf) successfully but when I read back same XBF file I get different MAX WIDTH for characters.
      This is affecting my final output on simulator.
      Can someone suggest what could be the issue.
      Attaching the screenshots for reference.

Settings: Extended, 16 bit unicode, Unit of size - points/pixels both tried

Thanks and Regards,
      Amar
      Images
      • Screenshot (52).png

52.16 kB, 1,680×710, viewed 534 times
      • compare.jpg

17.31 kB, 551×187, viewed 347 times
    • Hi,

I was able to reproduce this issue. I will look into it and let you know once it is fixed.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

the "MaxWidth" property is not actually relevant for the spacings between the characters. It holds the width of the character with the biggest xSize.

When you read back the XBF font, the MaxWidth is 26 instead of 32, because the widest character was 26px in xSize, the one with 32px was not part of the XBF font. So this behavior of the Font Converter is actually to be expected.

Each character has a "cursor distance" property which is the total width of the character (bitmap + spacing). The difference in MaxWidth cannot be the cause of the different results in your second image. The XBF font also looks like it is a bit larger than the C font, that would explain why the string does not fit.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Florian,
      Thanks for clarifying doubts.

Actual issue was with my windows 10 display settings.
      Advanced scaling settings was enabled and was set to 110 which I reverted and tested again using new created fonts.
      now working fine.

Thanks,
      Amar