Upgrading to Ver 4.24F cuases Atmel Samba to fail with message "No valid processor ID Found"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrading to Ver 4.24F cuases Atmel Samba to fail with message "No valid processor ID Found"

Hello All
    I recently received a new workstation. In order to move from a WindowsXp 32 bit environment to a Woindows7 64 bit environment, I got the latest Segger drivers which happened ot be ver 4.24f. After completing the upgrade everything appeared to be working fine until I discovered that the Atmel tool Samba failed to load with the message "No valid processor ID Found". After some exoerimentation i have found that the problem is in the firmware loaded into the J-Link by the 4.24f JlinkARM.dll. I down graded my jlink firmware to the version installed by the 4.20p dll and Samba works fine.
    We use the IAR oem J-Link and the IAR Embedded Workbench Ver 5.301.
    Currently we are getting along just fine with the Ver 4.20p drivers but would like to move to a newer release in the future.
    I am interested in knowing if this is a known problem and if there will be a fix for it in the near future?
    Thanks
    Rich