J-Flash erase failure (STR710)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Flash erase failure (STR710)

I'm trying to erase an STR710FZ2 and cannot seem to erase the chip (with J-Flash or IAR). But what's strange is it doesn't appear to be linked to a specific bank as I *am* able to erase some sectors (specifically B0F6, B0F7, B1F0, and B1F1).
    Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going wrong? is there an extra J-Flash configuration step that I'm missing?

This problem began to occur after an IAR programming sequence locked up and I had to abort the program by using task manager to stop the program. Since this failure I am able to connect to the chip via JTAG with the J-Flash utility or the IAR debugger but am unable to successfully erase the flash. Using the debugger I am able to read the FLASH_CR1 register and it is reporting 0xE6000010 which is some sort of LOCKED condition.

Erasing chip ...
    - Erasing 10 sectors, 0x40000000 - 0x400C3FFF
    - RAM tested O.K.
    - Erasing sector 0
    - ERROR: Timeout while erasing sector, core does not stop
    - ERROR: Failed to erase chip
    Disconnecting ...
    - Disconnected

Erasing selected sectors ...
    - Connecting ...
    - Connected successfully
    - 4 of 10 sectors selected, 2 ranges, 0x40020000 - 0x4003FFFF, 0x400C0000 - 0x400C3FFF
    - RAM tested O.K.
    - Erase operation completed successfully - Completed after 0.375 sec

The post was edited 1 time, last by ndomin ().

• Hello,

we do not see what can be done to fix this. Judging by the value in FLASH_CR1, the chip is indeed
    reporting an erase error in bank 1.
    What makes you think that 0xE6000010 indicates some sort of lock condition ?
    We can not find this in the manual.

Even if the chip is protected, there is no easy way to unprotect it, so I am afraid we do not have a solution for you.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.