[SOLVED] Automatic unsecure on Linux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Automatic unsecure on Linux

I just got a J-Link EDU, but I'm a bit worried about the messages I see on this forum (and elsewhere) about the J-Link automatically unsecuring devices by using mass erase of the flash when you connect to them on Linux.

The latest I could find was this: [SOLVED] STM32G031 Flash Download Protected
    From late 2019, with this message:

SEGGER - Fabian wrote:

Unfortunately, the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack does not support text boxes for Linux/MAC yet.
    Under Windows, there is an unlock dialog, which asks the user whether he wants to unsecure the device or not.
    In Linux this is always done without user confirmation.
    I tried reading the release notes for the software to see if it was fixed since then, but I can't see it mentioned. So is this still the case, or has it been fixed?
  • Just to make sure that we are on the same page:
    It was NOT a bug so there was no fix for it.
    It was an inconvenience (for very few customers) but a known design decision.
    If you have a headless system, you still won’t see any dialog boxes.
    However, using a standard GUI based distribution (Mint, Ubuntu, ...) and a current version of the J-Link software, you will now also ger dialog boxes under Linux.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.