[SOLVED] ChanginG BMI of XMC1400 from ASC BSL to SWD0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ChanginG BMI of XMC1400 from ASC BSL to SWD0

Hi,

I am trying to change the factory mode(ASC BSL with no timeout) of an XMC1400 MCU to SWD0 User Debug mode.
    But I want to do this via a script or something like that, because this will be done in the future by people who are not engineers so it should be simple as possible.
    The ways that Infineon offers are not appropriate (and/or not working for me.
    I saw in other posts that Jlink can be used to do this but I didn't understand the full process. I am here to learn more about this :)
    First let me tell about my setup. I have a custom PCB board with XMC1400 MCU on it and I am using an XMCLink Isolated debug probe(v1_1).
    I have DAVE V4(4.2.2), Memtool (4.07.08.4721), J-Flash V6.32b.
    I tried DAVE first, but there is no Get/Set BMI tool in my version so I eliminate that option.
    Then I tried Memtool. 1.It is not "always" working. Sometimes it just cannot connect. And 2. When it connects, procedure is a little bit complex for someone who knows very little about this whole concept.

So if it is possible I'd like to through with Segger tools.
    I read this thread([SOLVED] J-Link firmware issue in BMI change with XMC1 family (Infineon))
    I checked the suggested link(wiki.segger.com/Infineon_XMC1000)
    In that link I saw the J-Link Scripts. But the one I need is not listed in there. I need to change the mode from ASC_BSL to SWD0, not SWD1 or SPD.
    In the documentation it is written that: "Please note that the J-Link Script Files are pre-compiled (*.pex) thus they neither contain plaintext nor can be modified. If you feel that you need a modified version of the script file, please get in contact with SEGGER directly (e.g. via E-Mail / forum)." So here I am trying to contact with SEGGER :)
    If there is a script to change ASC_BSL to SWD0 it would be appreciated. But it is OK if you can tell me another way to do it. Maybe how to write the script tutorial?
    Any help will be very useful :)

Thanks,
    İpek
  • Hi,

We can provide an appropriate script.
    However, as you can see in the wiki article, it won’t work with the XMCLink. You need a commercial SEGGER J-Link for it.

We recommend to get one and then get in touch with the support team via the support system.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hı Alex,

Thanks for your reply.
    Ok I can do that but first Iwant to be sure that we are on the same page.
    - I want to change XMC1400 mcu's BMI value to SWD0.
    - I want the have a trusted reliable method for that.(works the same every time)
    - I want this procedure to be as easy as possible because this will be conducted by people who doesn't have much knowledge about the concept.

And you are saying that I can do this if I get a commercial Segger Jlink and contact to support. Am I right?

If yes, is this the product you mention?
    shop-us.segger.com/J_Link_PRO_p/8.12.00.htm
    I saw that there are several options to buy. Can I also get suppport to get right product with right options and additionals?
    One final queetion, can support provide additional scripts too? For example loading software after changing the BMI automatically.

Bests,
    İpek

The post was edited 1 time, last by ipip9: One more question added ().

• >>And you are saying that I can do this if I get a commercial Segger Jlink and contact to support. Am I right?
    Yes.
    You might also be able to achieve that with an XMC-Link but we cannot support you with that. You would need to sort that out with Infineon who is maintaining the XMC-Link tools.

>>If yes, is this the product you mention?
    >>shop-us.segger.com/J_Link_PRO_p/8.12.00.htm
    >>I saw that there are several options to buy. Can I also get suppport to get right product with right options and additionals?
    The J-Link PRO is the most performant and all-in one solution.
    It depends on what you need. If you have a very price sensitive setup and can live with a bit less (but still very good) performance and you do not need Ethernet, you can also use a J-Link PLUS:
    shop-us.segger.com/J_Link_PLUS_p/8.08.28.htm

>>One final queetion, can support provide additional scripts too? For example loading software after changing the BMI automatically.
    Within a certain frame, of course.
    We cannot write your production setup etc. for you, but can provide examples on how to automate things.

BR
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

a new J-Link comes with support.
    We are currently in the process to define more precisely with how much support etc.

BR
    Alex