[SOLVED] Using the JLink

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using the JLink

Hello all,

I am trying to read the printout from the ES IDE via the JLink edu mini. Indeed, I have successfully used the RTT Viewer and accompanied examples, etc. But, the original example, code, that I would like to printout is written to print out to the Putty, which I do not have, nor have used it in past. However, I got the printf() and RTTViwer going quite well, therefore, I am wondering how to use the JLink, etc . and print out here?

Has any of you done that before, or is this just impossible and the question is not in place?

Either-way thank you for your reply, comments.

BEST.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

I am sorry, but I do not completely understand what your question is.
    Could you please describe it in detail?

General information about RTT and RTT communication can be found here:
    wiki.segger.com/RTT

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Fabian and thank you for your reply!

I got it working, the problem was in addressing the right USB port, namely the device for the terminal emulator, which is working just fine within the Seg. EM studio, no need for other software like "putty", etc for example, I had to exchange the port address... like " /dev/tty.usbserial-AB0JPR8Z " and it works now , like a charm :)

In general, I wanted to print out to the terminal, because the printf() was already supplied with that in mind...

Thank you again and sorry for not being exact.

BEST.